Awarding German football coaches and players who engage for a positive development of football and society abroad.The German Football Ambassadors represent Germany throughout the worldThis initiative honors the work of managers and players each year and by joining culture and sport, it is meant to promote the positive image of Germany in foreign countries.Germany is a leading nation in world football. Players and coaches from Germany are involved in the sport all over the world.
The initiative is a social football project with an all season presence.
The award ceremony and the support of social projects worldwide are in the center of attention.
“I support the initiative GERMAN FOOTBALL AMBASSADOR because during my time at Toronto FC I noticed, how much interest was brought to me for the German football – it´s a responsibility.”
- Reputation in the country of work
- Sporting success and long-term impact on football
- Involvement in culture and social structures around football
- Perceived connection with Germany
- Increase in contacts and exchange of information between Germany and the host country
- For coaches: the quality of work by bringing along young players